IMPORTANT: Given the significant demand received for fiscal year 2019-2020, please note that the Sentinel North Event Support Program is closed for this period, ending March 31, 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
Sentinel North is pleased to contribute to the success of events organized by Université Laval’s community by offering financial support for events that meet its strategic objectives and mission and promote its outreach objectives and visibility.
Funding requests can be submitted at any time. However, applications are assessed three times a year. Applicants must consider the following evaluation dates in their timeline :
- March 31 (for applications submitted between December 1st and March 31)
- July 31 (for applications submitted between April 1st and July 31)
- November 30 (for applications submitted between August 1st and November 30)
Applicants will be notified of the status of their file within 7 business days after the evaluation date.
- The applicant must be a researcher or recognized research entity (institute, centre, group) from Université Laval.
- The funding requested must be to hold an event (e.g. conference, forum, workshop, lecture, training activity, etc.).
Applications for funding will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- The relevance of the request to Sentinel North’s strategic objectives and mission
- Opportunities in terms of visibility and outreach for Sentinel North (see the "Suggested Visibility Plans" below for more on Sentinel North’s contribution)
- Affiliation and number of participants in the event (to justify a financial contribution from Sentinel North)
- Participation of researchers and students from Sentinel North
- The goals and viability of the event and expected results
- The participation of other sponsors and the financial package presented
- The completeness and clarity of the information provided
In regards to the amount awarded, Sentinel North will also consider the following:
- The funding requested must contribute to reducing expenses related to holding an event that are eligible according to the criteria of the Canadian research councils.
- The amount awarded for events will be based on eligibility criteria, assessment criteria and available funds. A funding request may not exceed $20,000.
- A given applicant (researcher or recognized research entity) can only receive one financial contribution for an event held in a given fiscal year (April 1st to March 31).
- Renewal of funding is not automatic from one year to another and therefore a new request must be submitted for assessment annually.
Note that the amount awarded for an application that meets the eligibility criteria depends on its evaluation and on the funding envelope for a given year.