Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Fund
This grant allows postdoctoral fellows to travel abroad for training and research trips to world-renowned laboratories and research centres, or to participate in specialized workshops or summer schools whose topics align with Sentinel North’s research program. Sentinel North wishes to use this program to develop international scientific collaboration networks and encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience across borders.
More specifically, the program aims to encourage students to:
- Acquire new skills and abilities that help them understand and analyze northern issues and/or master technologies with potential applications in the North
- Establish international ties and networks by taking advantage of outstanding research opportunities
Here is an overview of the program’s conditions:
- The program is designed for postdoctoral fellows who are working full-time at Université Laval on a research project whose objectives align with the Sentinel North research program.
- A maximum of $5,000 is available per request.
- This financial support will finance a postdoctoral fellow’s travel outside of Quebec for a maximum of four months.
- The amount awarded will not exceed 80% of the applicant’s total estimated costs reviewed by the evaluation committee.
- Postdoctoral fellows must receive financial support from their supervisor or other sources for the remaining 20% of the costs.
Please consult the specific conditions below for more details.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applicants may apply any time during the year. Applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks before the requested travel date. They will be examined on a first-come, first-served basis, and authorized depending on the funds available.
The budget available for the program is renewed every 4 months (on April 1, August 1 and December 1). We urge students to submit their applications at the beginning of each period to maximize their odds of obtaining a fund.