To submit an application, the candidate must fill out the online scholarship application form. This form requires the candidate to provide :
- General information and motivation
- Academic curriculum and professional experience
- Other scholarships and awards obtained, social involvement
- Information on the research project
- The transdisciplinary aspect of the research project and relevance with the Sentinel North research program
The following documents must be attached to the application form :
- A copy of the applicant’s university transcripts1 (Bachelor's and Master's if applicable). Transcripts from a same cycle must be combined into a single file.
- A copy of award letters or attestations of all scholarships received by the applicant while pursing university studies (where applicable), other than those from federal and provincial granting agencies (combined into a single file).
- A recommendation letter from the UL research supervisor or co-supervisor providing an overall assessment of the applicant and the funds2 that will be available to the applicant to carry out the research proposal and co-fund the Master's scholarship.
In addition to the documents listed above, two (2) reports on the candidate (using the form REG-135E-AD or REG-135-AD for francophone sponsors) completed by the sponsors (other than the research supervisor) must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before the competition deadline. The subject of the message must begin with the first and last name of the candidate and clearly state the name of the program targeted by the application. An automatic receipt will be sent to confirm receipt of documents
All pieces must be submitted before the competition deadline.
1 For academic transcripts from institutions outside of North America, applicants must attach a letter explaining the grading system in effect at the institution in question. For original transcripts issued in a language other than English or French, a translation must be provided. Sentinel North reserves the right to verify the authenticity of information provided with the institutions of origin.
2 Although the Sentinel North Master's scholarship does not provide for the payment of research fees, Sentinel North wishes to ensure that the funds available to the student will be sufficient to enable him to carry out the research project for which Sentinel North is funding the student.