To submit an application, the candidate must fill out the online scholarship application form. This form requires the candidate to provide :
- General information and motivation
- Academic curriculum and professional experience
- Other scholarships and awards obtained, social involvement
- Information on the research project
- The transdisciplinary aspect of the research project and relevance with the Sentinel North research program
The following documents must be attached to the application form :
- A copy of the applicant’s university transcripts for all studies undertaken, completed or not (certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s/Master’s/Ph.D. degrees, etc.)1. Transcripts from a same cycle must be combined into a single file.
- Proof of successful thesis defense and a copy of the statement confirming final submission of the thesis. If the defense has not been carried out, a letter from the candidate's current supervisor mentioning the estimated date of the defense must be attached.
- Acknowledgements of receipt from publishers for all articles submitted and notifications from publishers for articles accepted for publication (combined into a single file). For articles that have already been published, the list of references already provided in the form is sufficient.
- Acknowledgements of receipt for any patents submitted. For patents that have been obtained, attach a reference or a copy of the patent granted (all combined into a single file).
- A letter of invitation from the supervisor at Université Laval, providing an overall assessment of the applicant and the funds the applicant will have available to carry out the research proposal and co-fund the fellowship2
In addition to the documents listed above, two (2) reports on the candidate (using the form REG-130E-AD or REG-130-AD for francophone sponsors), completed by sponsors other than the research supervisor, must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before the competition deadline. The subject of the message must begin with the first and last name of the candidate and clearly state the name of the program targeted by the application. An automatic receipt will be sent to confirm receipt of documents.
All pieces must be submitted before the competition deadline.
1 For academic transcripts from institutions outside of North America, applicants must attach a letter explaining the grading system in effect at the institution in question. For original transcripts issued in a language other than English or French, a translation must be provided. Sentinel North reserves the right to verify the authenticity of information provided with the institutions of origin.
2 Although the Sentinel North postdoctoral fellowship does not provide for the payment of research fees, Sentinel North wishes to ensure that the funds available to the postdoctoral fellow will be sufficient to enable him/her to complete the research project for which Sentinel North will fund it.