Applicants must meet all the following conditions at the deadline of the call to be eligible for the program:
- Have completed a Ph.D. less than five years prior to application or be in the process of doing so within six months1
- Demonstrate an intention to pursue research activities that clearly lead to results and impacts that have a scioe and potential applications in the North, and are consistent with Sentinel North’s research program and conceptual framework
- Be supervised by a Université Laval professor, or have concluded an agreement with a professor from Université Laval for the completion of the proposed postdoctoral fellowship
- Be supported by a team of researchers from different disciplines or have received a letter of invitation to join a multidisciplinary research team
- Provide proof of co-funding from the research supervisor or from other sources (private funds, foundations, etc.) to cover at least the costs of benefits for a postdoctoral fellow in order to meet the requirements of the collective agreement in effect2.
This competition is open to all applicants interested in pursuing studies within Sentinel North’s research program with no citizenship or residency restrictions. Applicants whose research proposals are not covered by projects already funded by Sentinel North are eligible and encouraged to apply.
1 The date on which the degree is considered to be obtained is the date on which all degree requirements have been met, which includes successful defense of the thesis and submission of the corrected version.
2 At Université Laval, postdoctoral fellows funded by research projects are unionized and covered by a collective agreement. Under the collective agreement, benefits equivalent to approximately 20% of the salary paid must be added to the budget, as well as an annual 2% salary increase at the end of March each year.